Thursday, February 11, 2010

Latest Valencia Weather Forecast - No Racing on Friday

This just came in from Stephen Orsini - no racing on friday, so the club will NOT be open tonight...


Tim and I just reviewed the BMW Oracle weather forecast and it means
no race tomorrow.

Winds will be up to 26 knots tonight which means the sea will be lumpy
with 1-3 meters predicted. USA 17 is not itself good in three meter
swells. The wind does drop to 5-7 knots tomorrow about 10:00 am but
the sea state will cancel tomorrow evening. Sunday is better but it
is a lay-day. Again Monday looks bad. So I will return to Anacortes
on Saturday with not one AC 33 race under my belt. I guess that is
sailboat racing in these big multihulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest. Please stay on track. If you'd like to become one of our authors, pleas contact info@anacortesyachtclub.org.